Saturday March 28 marks the return of a favorite Blue Shutters event -- our wine and food tasting. Once again, Langham Hotel Executive Chef Mark Sapienza and Traveling Vineyard Wine Consultant Kathy Hill will lead us through a special wine tasting, with a selection of red and white wines paired with a sampling menu prepared just for that evening.
We did this back in January and it was a big success. The menu that day included:
- a New England Cheese Display, with Honeycomb, Macona Almonds and Grapes
- Lobster and Vegetable Spring Rolls with Citrus Ponzu Dip, paired with a Chilean Sauvignon Blanc
- Fennel Pollen Grilled and Chilled Shrimp Brochette with Saffron Rouille, paired with a French Muscadet
- Jamon Serrano with Red Wine Poached Figs, paired with a Spanish Tempranillo
- Vermont Gorgonzola, Crimson Grape and Caramelized Onion and Rosemary Flatbread, paired with an Argentina Malbec
- Chocolate and Hazelnut Biscotti, paired with a Moscato D'Asti
Mark and Kathy will have a whole new menu for March 28 -- but it promises to be just as interesting, and tasty. It will all unfold that afternoon in our Main Room, overlooking beautiful Good Harbor Beach. There will be time to compare notes with other wine and food lovers, enjoy walks on the beach, and relax by a roaring fire before retiring to one of our uniquely decorated guest rooms. We’ll also have menus and recommendations for those interested in dining out at one of Cape Ann’s many restaurants – and a guide to some of our favorite spots for drinks, shopping and entertainment.
Call or email us to reserve a room -- for that evening or the entire weekend.