Wednesday, September 8, 2010
Things to do on a Rainy Day on Cape Ann
Just got this photo from longtime Blue Shutters fans Joyce and Jina (that's Jina in the photo) and it reminded us....while we had great weather this summer -- all but a few days were sunny and warm -- there's lots to do during those few times when there's rain. Here are some thoughts (feel free to add your own ideas):
- walk the beach (still pleasant -- a whole different experience that those days when you're sunning)
- sit on the Blue Shutters sofas and watch the storms and surf (take it from us -- this is a real treat)
- enjoy one of the bars or restaurants downtown
- take in a museum (the Maritime Heritage and Cape Ann Historical are two favorites)
- browse one of the area's art galleries (some of the best you'll ever see)
- check out the shops in downtown Gloucester, Rockport and Manchester-by-the-sea
- go antique-ing (Essex is a hot-bed for antique shops)
- go to a movie at the Gloucester Cinema (intimate and affordable)
- go bowling at Cape Ann Lanes (this is the closest we come to arcades and mini-golf here on Cape Ann, and we think that's a good thing)
- check out other attractions like the Beauport mansion and Hammond Castle
You can visit the Cape Ann Chamber website for more ideas. Or click on the "Our Links" section of our website for more info.
Keep these ideas in mind next time next time you visit -- and hope for just a little rain so you can enjoy these and other experiences around the Blue Shutters and the Cape Ann region.