Sunday, June 20, 2010

Jimmy Buffett Sings About Good Harbor Beach (well, sort of)


If you're a Jimmy Buffett fan, you'll appreciate this. If not, you owe it to yourself to check out Jimmy's song, One Particular Harbor. We saw Buffett last night and when he played this tune, it made us think of some similarites to our own Good Harbor Beach.

I know I don't get there often enough
But God knows I surely try
It's a magic kind of medicine
That no doctor could prescribe

...there's this one particular harbor
So far but yet so near
Where I see the days as they fade away
Finally disappear

...there's this one particular harbor
Sheltered from the wind
Where the children play on the shore each day
And all are safe within

A most mysterious calling harbor
So far but yet so near
Where I can see the day when my hair's full gray
And I finally disappear

Jimmy was writing about a spot in Tahiti, but when you consider these lyrics we hope you see what we mean about the Good Harbor connection.

No comments: